Our customers include professional working cover bands, string quartets for weddings, clients needing orchestral arrangements, directors needing special material for Concert Band and Wind Ensemble, Film producers and directors, TV producers and directors, songwriters, people working on show scores, people wanting piano transcriptions, and many other kinds of needs.
Now offering Live Stream Collaboration for editing and revision of proofs.
How it Works
- Your desired instrumentation and style (“sounds like”)
- Who’s going to be playing it (skill level)
- Do you need a track?
Our customers are saying…
- "It’s been a pleasure ( a dream actually) working with you, Jon !" - David Callendar
- "Fast, efficient, professional and of the highest quality!" - J.K. WIlliams
- "Jon was awesome and fast, delivered excellent, expert arrangement days ahead of the expected deadline" - Christian
- "Working with Jon was a great experience, a true professional for all your transcription and arranging needs." - Gio Croatto
- "...proficient regardless of the music style. I plan to work with him again" - Ray
TranscriptionAll size ensembles and styles. Fast, accurate and very competitive
ArrangingEnsembles of all sizes from solo to symphony, in all styles
Tracks/ProductionTracks can be all samples, all human performers, or any mix of those,
depending on your budget
Music Production Cost Estimator Page
Custom CompositionWe write to picture, co-write with lyricists, and compose concert works
Tutorial and LessonsWe teach Finale, Composition and Music Theory via screen share or Skype
Check out our Production MusicWe've been writing, producing and posting tracks for media licensing
Production Music for Media
- Unveiling a Musical Masterpiece: The NYPD Choir Sings “Galway Bay” in a Heartfelt Short Film
Our vocal arrangement featured in new ad campaign for EPIC – The Irish Emigration Museum ! Check it out..
- We Compared Automatic Audio-to-MIDI Transcription Tools to Aural Transcription by a Music Arranger
We review Automatic Audio to MIDI transcription tools. They still have a long way to go.
- Composer Jon Burr’s new Symphonic Band Commission is Available
New release – Jon Burr’s commissioned work for Symphonic Band, on YouTube and JW Pepper
- Case Study – Arranging to existing Track “One More Day”
Recent work we’re excited about – scoring to an existing master track with rubato and flexible tempo
- New – Film Scoring Demos
We did a couple of film score demos. Check them out !
- Preparing a Logic Pro Session for Notation
How to set up your session in Logic Pro X for efficient transcription into music notation